Back In February I entered a sewing contest that Butterick was hosting. Although I didn’t win, it was a good sewing experience and I learned a lot about making clothes for other body types.
I ended up making 4 muslins and tons of adjustments including my first small bust adjustment! Thanks to my husband for helping me figure out how to do it.
I ripped the seam at the midriff and took it in about 7/8″. Unfortunately I didn’t take pics of the other muslins! Sorry. Obviously we got it all figured out.
Luckily the back looked great!
Onto the finished product…
After everything is said and done, I think the bodice could be a little more snug but I’m pleased with the results!
“Invisible” zipper…My machine didn’t like the plastic universal zipper foot so a little zipper is exposed. Boooooo. Oh well. I need to stock up on some feet soon. I love the contrasting fabric. I used 100% Kona Cotton in Turquoise (It’s really blue though) and 100% Cotton in Floral, both purchased at Hancock Fabrics.
Full circle skirt! LOVE!
The only reason I did the covered button by hand is because I misplaced the kit!!! Then found it shorty after…I need more organization in my life.
Thanks for reading and until next time, happy stitching!